UI Design Intern at Nominow (part of The Valley)
As a UI Design Intern you are part of a multidisciplinary team with UX-Designers, Strategists, Front-end Developers, and Back-end Developers. During your internship you will work on our own built Customer Data platform Nominow. You convert the wishes of the customer and/or the team into UI designs that translate the User Experience design or prototype into smooth user interaction.
Who are you?
You are in the third or fourth year of your studies. You can sketch and design well, and you are able to create a design from scratch. During your studies, you excelled in the field of UI and you have feel for UX. You understand how design connects to interaction. Design tools such as Figma or Sketch are part of your standard toolset. You love creating User Interfaces and see challenges in making somewhat complex structures look and feel easy. Knowledge or a healthy interest in HTML/CSS will be considered a plus. You will learn how to communicate clearly with the multiple disciplines in the team.
What is Nominow?
Nominow is our own built Customer Data Platform, also to be described as a data integration software product. Nominow collects and combines customer data from online and offline Journeys into a Single Customer View and therewith enables you to have a relevant dialog with your customer wherever they are in the Customer Journey. We are working for great clients like: Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Van Gogh Museum, GVB, FC Utrecht and Nike.
During your internship, you will learn how to:
- Work with a complex and challenging data system
- Be involved in ideation sessions about new features
- Use your voice to bring new insights and to advise multiple stakeholders
- Design interfaces and essential elements such as icon sets
- Create interface modules
- Implement brand guidelines
- Create high-fidelity prototypes
- Learn more about the world of CDP’s
What we offer:
- Learn more about the world of Customer Data Platforms
- Be guided by experienced and gifted Visual/UI designers
- A nice and friendly workplace in our open Amsterdam office
- An internship allowance
Ps. We are proud of the fact that a lot of our formal UX/UI interns are now working as Junior User Experience Designers at The Valley
Apply by emailing your resume + short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the internship vacancy, you can contact Michelle Schoemaker by calling the following telephone number: 020 451 51 51.